Surrounded by Love and Comfort
Colquitt Regional Hospice allows terminally ill patients to spend their last days with dignity in their own homes, surrounded by their loved ones. Our team of trained professionals provides medical care and emotional, spiritual and physical support to patients in the final stages of a terminal illness - and to their families, as well. We emphasize the quality of life, rather that the length of life.
Round the Clock Resources
Colquitt Regional Hospice care is available to patients, seeking palliative treatment, with a life expectancy of six months or less. Our services and support include:
- Nursing services in the home, assisted living center or nursing home facility
- Registered Nurse on call for emergencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Medication to manage symptoms and relieve pain
- Physical, occupational and speech-language therapy
- Medical supplies and appliances
- Home health aide and homemaker services
- Short-term inpatient care, including respite care
- Spiritual, dietary and other counseling
- Social services
- Volunteer services for companionship and support
- Bereavement counseling
- Interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, social workers, counselors, clergy, aides and volunteers
Coverage and Costs
Hospice coverage is available through many insurance companies. In Georgia, both Medicare and Medicaid offer hospice benefits to cover the services at no cost to patients. Colquitt Regional Hospice provides services regardless of the patient’s ability to pay.
Patients are admitted to this facility and are rendered services without distinction due to race, color, national origin, handicapping condition or age. The facility complies fully with:
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- The Age Discrimination Act of 1975.
Community Support is Vital
As the need for Hospice care continues to grow, a significant portion of Hospice’s budget comes from community contributions. Each monetary gift, large or small, helps Hospice care for those patients with limited means. Your financial support is tax deductible and memorial donations are acknowledged as requested through the Colquitt Regional Medical Foundation.
Your time and talent are also invaluable to our Hospice program. Individuals may become Hospice Volunteers through our training program, in which volunteers are trained in patient care and bereavement. Our Volunteer Coordinator can tell you more about volunteer opportunities.
Colquitt Regional Hospice is dedicated to serving the community and offers informative programs as a public service. Call us today to request a speaker for your church or civic organization.
If you would like to donate to Colquitt Regional's Hospice, please click here.
Colquitt Regional Hospice
2516 Fifth Avenue SE
P.O. Box 3548
Moultrie, GA 31776-3548
Connie Richter, Hospice Coordinator
Carol Hiers, RN, Hospice Director
229-891-2128 / 888-262-Colquitt Regional Medical Center(2762)
A division of Colquitt Regional Medical Center
Georgia License Number 035-069-H
Serving Colquitt County and the surrounding areas